Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > Copying or stealing?    

Copying or stealing?

Peter Hardy
Australia

Copying or stealing?

Looking at the new contributions, I saw a so-called �new � contribution of a PPT I already have for a long time (about a year). Sadly, I failed to relocate this PPT in the vast amount of contributions, so I couldn �t report this new member.  As such I could not tick a box in the �report � section.  Still, as I �d hate to see people copying or stealing my work and re-upload it as theirs, I �d like to report this new member, as most of us would do.  So, what can I (and anyone else who comes across this unwelcome behaviour) do?  If I knew who the moderators were, I could send a PM with my concerns. Any suggestions? (Apart from mailing Victor, who �s very busy with making this site even better.) Cheers, Peter.

22 Sep 2013      

douglas
United States

Technically, every member with over 5000 points is a moderator .

23 Sep 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

is it your contribution or someone else �s from the site? when you save docs from here, don �t you put the username of the author on the contribution you download? have you tried searching by the doc �s name or the author �s name? That �s what I usually do in such cases.
Sophia

23 Sep 2013     

nofung
United States

If I �m not wrong you can report worksheets see 
check the worksheet in question
Report this powerpoint:

23 Sep 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

@nofung: yeah, but you have to supply a link to the original and that �s what Peter couldn �t do.

23 Sep 2013     

manonski (f)
Canada

If you sent some moderators the link of the printable you think was stolen, they might recognize the author.
Besides, it might already have been reported. Some people here have a keen eye.

23 Sep 2013