Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I WANT YOUR DRUG!    

I WANT YOUR DRUG!

claramvieira (F)
Portugal

Ok... I was proud of being Portuguese but now.... well I am really, really proud to see that we (Portuguese) are being so praised! That�s so nice of you. ThanksHugIt�s true we have some good qualities even though we keep saying we don�t... it�s what we called Fado (a sad feeling that can be heard in the voice of some great Fado singers= Fadistas, like Mariza)
We have good food, good weather (not this winter I�m afraid because it�s raining cats and dogs all over the country), good wine LOL and people are incredibly friendly and nice towards foreigners. We know how to make them feel at home....but that my friends, I also felt when I was in Scotland during my honeymoon.... unfortunately I still haven�t got the chance to go backCry
The productive side of the Portuguese... well that�s a secret we just keep to ourselves LOL

Thanks again for your kind words... and when you come to Portugal please let us know. I also have family in Braga.... my husband was born and grew up in Braga _ a very beautiful city by the way!

30 Jan 2009     

Katia del Pilar
Peru

Thumbs Up  A big applause for all of you!! Your work is amazing!!!!

May I also join the group and visit you ???  Wink 

I would really like to know your secret! :)

Regards from Peru,

Katia.

30 Jan 2009     

cgato
Portugal

I was amazed so read such nice, caring and kind comments on portuguese teachers and portuguese people in general!
We usually tend to be pessimistic and we don�t value ourselves very much. These are portuguese characteristics, unfortunately Disapprove

bigbang has said it all: Team work and positive feedback works for us as it does for our students. It�s really wonderful to belong to this family.

A big hug to you all

30 Jan 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Thank you Isabelle99 you have captured my secret admiration for our Portuguese colleagues. They are absolutely phenominal and soooo productive with excellent work. OK guys don�t become too big-headed now!Big smile

30 Jan 2009     

atsitab
Portugal

Well, people,

I�ve just came back from a very tiring school trip, but I had to turn on the computer and have a look at this wonderful site just to see what�s new.  I was so happy to read all your words! 
You are just great! And I do feel we are a community. We share our materials, our thoughts, our doubts and our FRIENDSHIP!
Thanks a lot to all of you!

A big kiss from Portugal!

Ana

30 Jan 2009     

andreaewa
Uruguay

I haven�t met portuguese people yet but I know lots of brazilians who are great people, optimistic, friendly a true friends. May be they got all of these from their portuguese ancestors!!
Heart   you all!!

30 Jan 2009     

< Previous   1    2