Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Talent Show    

Talent Show

TriumphTriumph
Russian Federation

Talent Show

HI! I need to organize a talent show in my university. It should be connected with the culture of English speaking countries. It should include songs, poems, drama, etc. Can you help me with the topic? Any ideas? I would be really grateful if you could give me any!)))

1 Oct 2013      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Do you mean you need a name for the party?

"What are they like "across the pond", in the "Albion" and "down under"?"

"The Adventures of English" (btw there �s such a documentary)

"English Culture Medley"

"English Rocks!"

1 Oct 2013     

TriumphTriumph
Russian Federation

I need the idea))) how to entitle it, what to include))

Thanks for your ideas))

1 Oct 2013     

douglas
United States

How about: "Show me your English!" and the performers can choose different ways to portray their skills in,  thoughts on, impressions of, and/or attitudes about English. 

These methods could be dance, readings, comedy routines, skits, music 
(singing or instrumentals of genres such as jazz, country, etc.), they could even try a mini fashion show (traditional or periods such as punk, disco, etc. in English speaking countries)

You could have a lot of fun with this and, at the same time, stimulate/support students � creativity and interests.

Cheers,
Douglas 

1 Oct 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

How about roleplaying/dramatizing some pun jokes?

1 Oct 2013     

TriumphTriumph
Russian Federation

Thanks)))) Nice ideas!!!Smile

1 Oct 2013     

RocioRios
Argentina

Hi everybody! Every year, there is an English presentation at my school. Last year we performed a short play. This year I want to make my students sing a song, but I don �t have an appropriate one. Can you help me please??? I have 13 students. They �re 10-12 years old. Thanks a lot!!!

2 Oct 2013