Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Please help me!    

Please help me!

hanni176
Vietnam

Please help me!

Please help me find a mistake in this sentence" " I think we will ever send a person to the Mars" Thanks.

4 Oct 2013      

lesleymisano2
Italy

"I don �t think we will ever send a person to Mars"

4 Oct 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

lesleymisano2 �s sentence is correct, but another correct negative sentence is "I think we will never send a person to Mars." My sentence is more emphatically negative. If you want an affirmative sentence, one example is "I think that one day we will send a person to Mars."

4 Oct 2013     

Peter Hardy
Australia

Both Lesley and Moody are right. But if you want to know the mistake, it �s the use of �ever � which should �never �. Cheers.

4 Oct 2013     

yanogator
United States

Don �t forget to mention, as you are showing, that we don �t use "the" with planet names, except "the Earth" (and the moon, which isn �t a planet).

Bruce

4 Oct 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Yes, I agree with MoodyMoody, one day we will send someone to Mars. ( �A person � sounds somewhat strained, by the way.) But I don�t like �I think we will never send a person to Mars�. It may sound more emphatically negative, (not sure, actually...), but it does sound like an improbable utterance. 

4 Oct 2013