Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > need advice    

need advice

Lizaza
Belarus

need advice

Dear colleagues!

First of all let me congratulate you on the coming World Teachers � Day!

May the source of your inspiration and enthusiasm never dry up!Thumbs Up

Actually, I �m writing to ask you for some advice on what book to choose for a 6-year old girl who doesn �t go to school yet. Most pre-school courses imply studying letters and reading, which is a bit early, coz she doesn �t read well in her native language. 

I would really appreciate your recommendations very much.

Thank you!

4 Oct 2013      

yanogator
United States

Hi, Lizaza,
Unfortunately, I can �t help you, but I wanted to let you and others know that in English, we don �t congratulate people on days of celebration, as other languages do. Instead, we wish them a happy one. So, it would be better to say "I hope you have a happy upcoming World Teachers � Day".

Bruce

4 Oct 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

At least you guys got the apostrophe right. Half the time I see �Happy World Teacher �s Day � and I think,  �Which teacher? � Wink

4 Oct 2013     

Lizaza
Belarus

Oh, thank you so much!! It �s never late to learn!!

Happy World Teachers � day, Bruce!

4 Oct 2013     

edrodmedina
United States

Ahmm..Lynne, that would be me. Big smile Ed

4 Oct 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Happy Teacher �s Day, Ed. WinkLOL

4 Oct 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Lizaza - have you looked at www.agendaweb.org for nice pre-readers. If you want books without any writing or letters at all, Kisdobos posted a really great link recently to wordless books. he posted an example - I printed it off but can �t find the link. Can anybody remember and post it again? It was about a little kitty getting lost. 

4 Oct 2013