Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Free downloading?    

Free downloading?

akva
Slovakia

Free downloading?

I am newbie and I wonder: Is the majority of people downloading the FIST DAY for free only???
Why are so many works full of pictures and one page only?
Wouldn�t be better to upload a bunch of pages on one topic with SMALL pictures???
I don�t want to be offensive, but I think the reason why people upload very short works because of free downloading day. When the first day finishes, only a few people gonna download... So the cotributors make small worksheets and upload them day after day... It would be MUCH EASIER to find the worksheet we need, if there were better multiple-page sheets with no pictures rather  than hundreds of 1-page sheets.

I have made 2 boardgames and included some work more to practice - it is 7 pages work, but only a few people download it because the preview of boardgame is not full of pictures... It took me a long time to make it, but nobody cares... I spent a long time  trying to reduce it so I could upload the whole work in one....

I have previewed many contributions and I don�t think it is right to separate the sheets and upload them in many parts...
I think it WOULD BE NICE to reduce the size and upload one COMPLETE version without pictures and then upload the colourful pictureful version in parts, if necessary...

What do you think about it? Is it possible to publish multiple-page works with little pictures?

Thanks for reading. Looking forward reading your opinions...

31 Jan 2009      

andreaewa
Uruguay

Welcome.Smile
Please read F.A.Q. I thik you didn�t read how the site works. There isn�t a free downloading day!!
By the way, your boardgame was downloaded by 28 users!! that�s good.

31 Jan 2009     

Apryll12
Hungary

Hi akva,

I personally think that you are partly right. You know, most of the members here teach young children. I may be wrong but this is what I�ve noticed. A great majority of the works here is for elementary very young children. Children tend to like more colourful worksheets, or worksheets full of illustrations. Their attention is very hard to get focused on materials that are not playful or colourful or both at the same time.

I agree with you that for more advanced students it�s better to put more content and fewer images in the worksheets, even on a lot of pages.

The biggest problem is that many of the members (incuding me) have very little time to go through all the contributions thoroughly. They just pick the ones they like for the first sight. I�m talking about the daily free downloads... In other cases of course they use the search engine to find exactly what they are looking for.

So please don�t give up sending your multi-pages� worksheets because I�m sure that there are quite a lot of us here who are interested in them and find them useful.

Regards,

Krisztina

31 Jan 2009     

jamiejules
France

Hi akva
When it comes to worksheets with pictures I have to disagree. Some of us do not work with standard kids who will then go onto university...
I work with nursery school children and with special needs teenagers (some autistic, mentally retarded children, severely dyslexic...) my pupils have to have worksheets that look appealling to the eyes to motivate them and get them learning.
From the work of teachers I have seen on this site there is enough variety for every one to be happy.
your worksheets will be downloaded by loads of people probably, but you need to be patient and maybe a bit more tolerant, after all most of us try our best to upload what we think is good quality and useful stuff
have a nice weekend.

31 Jan 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I partly agree with you but like Kriszti69, some children need the visuals. However, there are members who intentionnally upload sheets separately when they could have fit in one upload. Maybe they are trying to add up more points. I don�t know the reason but I wish they would not do that.
Have a good weekend!

31 Jan 2009     

Logos
Malaysia

Akva,

Welcome to the world of esl printables.  As has been explained there is no free day, but only when you gain 30 points can you download sheets published on the same day without penalty.

You are also describing an age old problem that regularly pops up on this forum, that of presentation versus content.  Ideally you want both, but with large documents and all the effort that�s put into making a game, there is little room for bright illustrations.  In addition you seem also to have done the honourable thing of making your worksheet one document only, whilst there are some contributors who split their documents so as to get more downloads.

All I can say is keep on contributing and you will soon gain more than sufficient points that you don�t worry about accumulating any more.  Have patience and persistence and your efforts will pay off.

31 Jan 2009     

alien boy
Japan

I�ve just sent you an important message about your first worksheet. Please read your personal message. You may wish to update this worksheet & resubmit it.

If you have any questions, check the FAQ & rules first. Then feel free to search the discussion forum, post a question or return my message.

Cheers,
ab

31 Jan 2009     

mpaula3107
Brazil

Hi, Akva, how do you do?

Well, I face the same problem. I think it is because my printable is very easy. But don�t give up. Take a look at mine, so I can download yours, ok?

See you

Michele

31 Jan 2009     

BRAHIM S
France

VERY ORIGINAL WAY TO PROCEED
"Take a look at mine, so I can download yours, ok?" ????

31 Jan 2009     

BRAHIM S
France

VERY ORIGINAL WAY TO PROCEED

"Take a look at mine, so I can download yours, ok?"

31 Jan 2009     

akva
Slovakia

Thanks for your suggestions, alien boy.
I have updated my worksheet, so there are more ideas - game rules,
and 3 page - fill in and corrrecting exercise.
I have shortened the ideas from the internet.
So there are 8 pages Wink of my own work
and only one page of ideas collected via internet...
Hope you like it... The boardgames remained same...

31 Jan 2009     

1    2    Next >