Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > jumbled fonts in my contributions for today    

jumbled fonts in my contributions for today

MarionG
Netherlands

jumbled fonts in my contributions for today

Hi all,
I noticed that the font I used in my contributions for today is causing problems.
(The font, BTW,  is called �hopalong � ; a great, clear handwriting font which I highly recommend especially for beginners)
I obvioulsy forgot to embed the font in the worksheet. I fixed it now (I am sooo proud of myself that I learned how to do that) and uploaded the corrected versions. 
The problem is that several people already downloaded the messed up version. Only three left comments (thank you!!) and I sent them a PM..

So all others who downloaded my reviews on the verb �to be � and/or the sheet on the verb �to have � (combined with �to be �) please know that in a while there should be an updated version available without jumping fonts. (and since it should still be in the recents it can be downloaded without losing points)

Does anyone here know if it is possible to set �embed true type fonts � as default? I just know I will forget it again in the future...

9 Oct 2013      

Maria Linz
Brazil

Hi, Marion! I �ve had this trouble myself. I usually use very nice fonts in my works but I can �t publish them here because of the mess.I would appreciate very much if you tell me how to embed a font. A hug from Brazil, Maria

9 Oct 2013     

victor
Spain

Hello Marion,

These are screenshots from Office 2007 in Spanish, but I hope it helps:

CLICK "SAVE AS" --- "WORD 97-2003 DOCUMENT"

Then save the document. From now on, all the new documents will be saved with embeded fonts.

9 Oct 2013     

MarionG
Netherlands

Hi Victor, what an honor!
I more or less understand the screenshots (despite the Spanish) but I can �t seem to find it in my Word 2003 program (and my very old Windows).
I also click the �embed true type fonts � in the �save � tab in the options folder but for some reason I need to do it for every document anew, it doesn �t stay. Maybe I need to find a way to change the default setting for the template the program uses (blank document). It probably is possible but I don �t really know howEmbarrassed. Even though I spend most of my day in front of a computer, I don �t know much about them- the fact that I still use Word 2003 and windows explorer probably gave that away...

9 Oct 2013