Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Dyslexic students    

Dyslexic students

Effedi
United States

Dyslexic students

Dear colleagues, yesterday I uploaded a printable to use for dyslexic students. It is written in Verdana font 16, and as you now Verdana is one of the best possible fonts for dyslexic people. It is divided in paragraphs so the comprehension is simplified. I would recommend to print it on lightly coloured paper. http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=727495#thetop I will be grateful if you could share with me advices and techinques you found useful for your dyslexic students. Thank you in advance, Flavia

19 Oct 2013      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Comic Sans is highly recommended for dyslexics. A new dyslexia-friendly font is being worked on at the  moment - can �t quite remember what it �s called. 
It �s also a good idea to have each line a different colour, particularly when reading from the board. 

19 Oct 2013     

olaola
Italy

your printable cannot be downloaded it has been reported for breaking the site rules. You should remove the Italian words

19 Oct 2013     

MarionG
Netherlands

You know you can also ask for advice on working with dyslexic students without blatantly advertising you worksheet............

19 Oct 2013     

Effedi
United States

I have corrected the phrases in Italian and my worksheet has been uploaded again. I apologize but I really forgot to remove them Smile

I thank all the members  who sent me kind PMs to help me solve the problem.  I also thank Cunliffe for her advice.

To the others.....I wish you a nice Sunday! Wink

20 Oct 2013