Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Question regarding spanish     

Question regarding spanish

Akari
Czech Republic

Question regarding spanish

Hi friends,

I would like to ask those of you who are Spanish native speakers. When talking about dates in Spanish do you say "Estamos a uno de enero" or "Estamos a primero de enero" or "Hoy es (el) uno de enero" or "Hoy es el primero de enero".?

Thank you very much in advance.

Tess

21 Oct 2013      

aliciapc
Uruguay

In the Rio de la Plata we say "Hoy es primero" de enero. In Spain, as far as I know, they use "uno" de enero . I wouldn �t know about the rest of America.

21 Oct 2013     

aitthor
Spain

I always say "uno de enero". We also say here in Spain "primero de mes" for the first day of any month.

21 Oct 2013     

mariagarcia
Spain

Uno de  enero is the right answers,

21 Oct 2013     

RCSric
Spain

Yes, I agree with last answers. In Spain we usually say "uno de enero", but  we sometimes use "primeros de mes", to refer to the first days of the month.  For example, we say "tengo que pagar la factura a primeros de mes". 

21 Oct 2013     

traute
Spain

Uno de enero. Hoy es uno de enero. Estamos a primeros de mes (first days of the month) o a finales o final de mes (end of the month).

21 Oct 2013     

marc.polanco
Spain

Uno de enero is the correct sentence Smile

21 Oct 2013     

Akari
Czech Republic

Thank you sooo much. It is so kind of you all!!!Smile

21 Oct 2013     

sarguero
Spain

I agree with you, hoy es uno de Enero or Estamos a uno de Enero ..... and by the way "el uno de enero" is my birthday   Embarrassed

21 Oct 2013     

Cyndi Gabriela
Argentina

Hoy es primero de enero es el m�s usado en Argentina, kisses

22 Oct 2013