Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > SOME HELP, PLEASE !!!    

SOME HELP, PLEASE !!!

florimago
Spain

SOME HELP, PLEASE !!!

Hi dear friends : After  being unemployed  some time  , I got a new job again , being the teacher of a course related to public service for adults Big smile  . Well, I�d be glad if you could send me videos, listening, games ... all that kind of stuff or some useful webpages or links . For those who are struggling with teaching material every single day may be a single question  . I �m starting on thursday and well ..... any help could be so worthy . Thanks in advance.

Flori

21 Oct 2013      

carlos1127
Colombia

dear friend, check out this web page www.busyteacher.org they have plenty of activities in many categories.

21 Oct 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

public service is a very general term, could you specify? also what are the aims of the course? and the level of your future students?

21 Oct 2013     

florimago
Spain

Thank you , carlos 1127 and Sophia for your care . You �re right , Sophia, I should have been more specific about my needs .  The course is about how to deal with  customers  (complaints , requirements .... ) I don �t know their level yet but they �re supposed to be low -intermediate. I need some links for new bright ideas as I have to give seven long hours a day and I don �t want them to be fed up with me !!! Cry as well as listening (video and audio) . Thanks a bunch again.
Flori

21 Oct 2013     

joannajs
Poland

Hi there,

I guess you �d have to adopt a coursebook otherwise you �ll go nuts coming up with that much teaching material. And supplement. My advice would be to go for some kind of low level business coursebook e.g. The Business by Macmillan or something of this kind (this one has a dvd in the coursebook). You can download the first chapter for free here:

Truly 7 hours is a very long teaching time, so perhaps it would be prudent to devise some games like pictionary (you prepare some small cards with vocabulary you �ve been teaching, set a timing device - hourglass or egg timer for about a minute, ask one team member to draw the word, the rest to guess), guesstures (same principle, only that students have to mime words), tic-tac-toe/noughts and crosses (they have to create sentences with words you put there) etc. Coursebook alone will kill any enthusiasm after the first two hours. Good luck, keep my fingers crossed :-)
If you need a hand, email me Thumbs Up

21 Oct 2013     

solramis
Argentina

I�m sending you an E-mail with some books

21 Oct 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I agree as to the coursebook, however look closely for a book which will fit their specialty.
http://www.businessenglishsite.com/business-english-marketing-sales.html
just a few to get you started

21 Oct 2013     

florimago
Spain

Thanks everybody for your suggestions . I �m sure everything will be of great help  .You �re  wonderful people.
Flori

21 Oct 2013