Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HELP!! About saving documents!!!    

HELP!! About saving documents!!!

nikita2008
Argentina

HELP!! About saving documents!!!

Can someone help me????

When I download a ws the save box opens and I just accept, but now every time I click DOWNLOAD THIS WS the document opens and I have to go to the File menu and select the options.... it was quicker the previous way, I know I must have touched sth in the save box but now I can�t change it back!!Cry

Any suggestions????

Thanks

1 Feb 2009      

missola
Palestine

when the save as message appears there is something that says close this dialogue box when download ends, you have to check it so that when you finish downloading the document it just closes.

try this way

1 Feb 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

If you are downloading, choose Save AS and choose destination - file folder.
The destination chosen is used all the time unless you change it...
So next time the new worksheets will be downloaded to the same folder - you will need one click only... :-D

IF you do nothing, (no "save as") the worksheet opens for viewing purposes and you must save it manually...
It is better to use "save as" .

1 Feb 2009     

arkel
Ireland

I�ve been having this problem for a while now, but only with printables, not with powerpoints and not on my laptop, which is Vista.

1 Feb 2009     

miss_yanis
Argentina

the same has happened to me, but no window opens as to choose..

1 Feb 2009     

nikita2008
Argentina

that�s the problem, the window doesn�t open anymore!!!!

1 Feb 2009     

nikita2008
Argentina

thanks for the tip moravc !!

Before I could do the same just by clicking in Download this ws, I don�t know what I did, anyway.... I�m getting closer!

thanks

2 Feb 2009     

wolfy
Chile

Are you using google chrome? �Other browers probablly have the same option somewhere:

In google chrome:
1) Click the spanner in the top right corner and click options:
2) On the second tab (Minor Tweaks) - you will see a checkbox "Ask to save file before downloading" - make sure it�s checked.

Sorry, I don�t know where that option is on firefox, or IE.

2 Feb 2009