Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > present simple...what else?    

present simple...what else?

mari3lla
Italy

present simple...what else?

Dear friends, I had an idea for my students and their practising present simple. After telling daily routines, weekend routines, summer routines, dream vacations ...everything seems to be...a routine...! I was wondering: how can we go on in practicing and also having fun? I had an idea but I need your help to improve it and to turn it into an effectful lesson plan: what about diving into the past and pretending we are in different historical moments, i.e. a kid from Ancient Egypt, another from old Greece and so on, and telling their habits and lives? This could end with an interview.  The same idea (routine and interview) but not back in time but from different parts of the world, different countries. I �m a bit confused but I know you will help me, as usual.
Thanks so much! 

27 Oct 2013      

memthefirst
Turkey

How about some fairy tales and exercises written in present simple? They include picture dictionaries,comprehension questions as well. (Sleeping Beauty-Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs-Little Red Riding Hood.
http://englishwsheets.com/reading.html

27 Oct 2013     

maytechuna
Spain

What about pretending they are a famous person or a character from a book, a film, etc and describe their day? Then, they can prepare the interview. I do it with my pupils and they love it.

27 Oct 2013     

evely
Mexico

I remember a practice that involve about the daily routine of their pet , or favorite animal.

27 Oct 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

That �s a great website, memthefirst.

28 Oct 2013     

Peter Hardy
Australia

englishwsheets.com/reading.html is a nice site, on first sight, but the work is 1) watermarked and 2) in PDF so you can �t correct anything. In short, there is nothing better than ESL Printables. Just take your time looking/searching here, and I �m sure you �ll find more than a few good ideas, WS or PPTs. Cheers, Peter

28 Oct 2013     

FrauSue
France

I like giving them an extract from a day in the life of someone in a very different situation to them - they then have to compare their days. (I get up at 7am, but she gets up at 5am to go to fetch water ...) I used to do this in German when I taught German as a foreign language. I used a super text from a charity �s website about a little girl who worked in a quarry. We started by doing basic text comprehension, then a speaking activity (role-play interview, as suggested above), then comparative sentences for homework. I wonder if something like this would be useful for you: http://www.oxfam.org.uk/~/media/Files/Education/Resources/Your%20world%20my%20world/lesson3_our_days.ashx

There are complementary resources for that lesson here: http://www.oxfam.org.uk/education/resources/your-world-my-world

29 Oct 2013