Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > help needed, again!    

help needed, again!

Denisa
Romania

help needed, again!

Hello, my dear friends!
I turn to you again with a question...I have to tutor a guy who is a waiter and wants to � �master � � English ..now the question is would you teach him in the traditionalist manner(i.e. the basic concepts and all...) or would you be focusing on the specific of his job? and do you, by any chance, know a good course for this?

Thank you all.
Have a great week at home and school!

28 Oct 2013      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Yes, definitely focus on his job, although general English wouldn �t hurt as well:)
Something like this maybe?

28 Oct 2013     

kons
Morocco

focus on his job/ hope this helps: the papers contains 15 weekly lesons with their gaols

28 Oct 2013     

yanogator
United States

Yes, focus on the job, with a strong emphasis on spoken English and fluency in speaking, rather than a lot of grammar rules. Teach the grammar as needed in the context of the speaking.

Bruce

28 Oct 2013     

MariaElena
Spain

Yes, I would focus on the job and spoken English. However some written English could be a good alternative, since he will have to write and read what customers order, won �t he? 

29 Oct 2013     

Denisa
Romania

well, thank you, dear friends, for your kind answers. I knew I could count on you! your answers came to confirm what I was thinking of...thank you so much!

29 Oct 2013