Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > spacial kids assessment    

spacial kids assessment

kamalnazmi
United Arab Emirates

spacial kids assessment

Hi all
I need your help badly
I �ve got a special kid in my grade 2 class and I want to prepare for him a  worksheet or any kind of paper that helps me decide what aspects he is unable to deal with whether grammar, vocabulary, phonics or even writing.I have to mention that he doesn �t communicate with me using English words but very rarely and I feel unable to decide whether he understand me or not because his responds very slowly and usually doesn �t start any chore unless I ask him and sit with him .This won �t mean that he �ll do it perfectly but he needs much help and I try to guide him as much as possible. He �s studying Forsman course right now. 
So,any suggestions?

18 Nov 2013      

MoodyMoody
United States

In what way is this child special? Does he have mentally retardation, autism, problems seeing or hearing, mental illness, or some combination? Does he speak Arabic fairly normally? The nature of his problems will make a big difference in what kind of special assistance he needs. You might also see if you can have one of your brighter students mentor him. Maybe another student can help him get started on assignments. That can actually be good for both students.

If nothing you do works, talk to your boss about the problems, detailing everything that you �ve tried. See if he or she has other suggestions for you. He or she might also place the student in a class that is a better fit.

18 Nov 2013