Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > S.O.S 10-minute demonstration class    

S.O.S 10-minute demonstration class

yessi
Chile

S.O.S 10-minute demonstration class

Dear all:

I need your help. I have a job interview tomorrow and I need to prepare a 10-minute demonstration class for a student with an intermediate level of English. As it is only 10 minutes I am rather lost about the content or topic I should work with. The demonstration is only for one adult students with an intermediate level of English.
Maybe I will do something related to body language. I will show him a set of pictures with a lot of gestures and I will ask him about the importance of body language. After that, I will give him some cards with the names of those gestures and he will have to match the pictures with the words. Finally, I will ask him to associate a picture with an adjective (feeling).

What do you think? Do you have any other idea? I hope you can help me!!!!

27 Nov 2013      

SassieJassie
United States

Will your prospective students be children or adults? 

Either way make the "demonstration observers" act as the students and repeat words, act, do an activity etc. Give a mini lesson on a topic such as crime, holidays, or whatever the interest of your students should be. 

I like your lesson plan for body language and it could work. I see this working well in a group of 12-15 year olds, or a group of young adults. But if your prospective students will be mixed age adults it could make the more experienced (older) students bored. I run into that issue from time to time teaching Adults. I usually have young adults, then an older one gets thrown in and bam they seem bored, not interested etc because activities and approaches are much different between the groups. Anyway that is my take on the issue. 

28 Nov 2013