Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > TEFL, TESOL etc    

TEFL, TESOL etc

vincenza
Italy

TEFL, TESOL etc

Hello everybody... Just a quick question regarding the  TEFL and TESOL certificates.. I have been teaching English in Italy for nearly 15 years now, based on the merit of a BA degree. However, nowadays most of the schools are asking for either one or the other, TEFL or TESOL, as a pre-requisite for their courses. I would like to do an online course but am daunted by the myriad of offers out there. If anyone is willing to share their experience about a suitable company / and a suitable course, please would they private message me- thus avoiding advertising!! I would really appreciate the assistance. Thanks and regards from Italy.

28 Nov 2013      

donika
Poland

Hi, I did an online course through a company called i-to-i tefl. The course was excellent and really prepared my wife and I for teaching English as a foreign language. Their service was also great and the course did not cost an arm and a leg either. I would highly recommend them.
Regards
Donald

28 Nov 2013     

PhilipR
Thailand

Please note that many schools are now asking for a classroom TESOL/TEFL/other teaching certificate and specifically state that an online degree won �t be considered.

I suppose this is mainly because of the many online degree mills giving online education a bad name and because of the subject concerned, namely teaching. After all, how can you claim to have a teaching degree without ever having seen the inside of a classroom? These online degrees never include supervised teaching practice which is, IMHO, the most important part of teacher training.

28 Nov 2013