Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How to reduce the size of a smartboard file?    

How to reduce the size of a smartboard file?

Buzybeee
Poland

How to reduce the size of a smartboard file?

Hi, I would like to upload a smartboard file but there �s a limit to 3MB. My file has only 5 pages and in order to uplaod it I would have to reduce it to two pages. I don �t know if there �s a point in uploading only two pages exercise. So is there any way that I could reduce the whole 5 pages file. Thanks for help. Anna

8 Dec 2013      

nesr-in
Turkey

hi Anna, I usually have the same problem as yours.I had to upload 1 powerpoint as 4  individual parts the day before ! It �s so annoying and time-consuming.I think moderators should do something about size limit.

8 Dec 2013     

M.S-P
Poland

Hi Smile

I had the same problem with a worksheet yesterday (mine was 4,65 MB and the limit is 500 KB Confused) I had to cut out the majority of pictures and key to exercices. Those that were left were reduced to the lowest possible quality and after 3 hours of cutting, reducing, irritating myself Ouch I managed to send it but it got very reduced and I think the limit should be changed as it�d allow us to include more pictures for instance Lamp.

8 Dec 2013     

Buzybeee
Poland

Thanks for answers. For reducing Word files and pdf I use programm called NXPowerlite. But it doesn �t work for smartboard files. I guess I have to wait �till they change the limit.

8 Dec 2013