Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How do I make my worksheets smaller?    

How do I make my worksheets smaller?

MarionG
Netherlands

How do I make my worksheets smaller?

I am sure I am not the first to ask, I�ve even seen it before just never saw an answer.......
several of my worksheets are over 300 kb and therefore I cannot upload them. Al my worksheets are already black and white (our school doesn�t allow color copies...) but they have black and white pictures now and then. Can anyone explain to me how to reduce the size? Please take into account that I do not understand computers... :) so explain it step by tiny step please.....
thanks in advance, Marion

3 Feb 2009      

Ciogga
Italy

Download and install �Easy Thumbnails� to reduce the size of your photos. It�s a brilliant program and free and dead easy to use, even for a computer novice.

3 Feb 2009     

dareka1
Japan

When you�ve finished making the worksheet, right click on it in Word, and choose the compress option on the tab (right click - format picture - picture tab - compress - change resolution). Compress it for web (96 dpi). My worksheet starts off as 1.5 megabytes and finishes as 250 kilobytes, and because it�s compressed in Word, it seems to keep fairly good quality.

�There�s a worksheet on this site somewhere giving advice on how to make worksheets. Many people have found it very useful.

3 Feb 2009     

freddie
Canada

Go to this page

and download powerlite which helps reduce file size of documents and powerpoints as well.

Good luck!

3 Feb 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Hi Freddie
I just love that powerlite - thanks for the tip!
L

3 Feb 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

Thank you all for your fast reply! i am going to try it out right now!!

3 Feb 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

Dareka1, thanks a lot! I never knew that option exiasted in word. I tried it and it worked! great!

3 Feb 2009