Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > USB password protection    

USB password protection

Jayho
Australia

USB password protection

Hi everyone

Like many other TESOL practitioners, I keep all my valuable work documents on a USB stick, including student samples of work

I was wondering if there is any easy way to password protect the USB just in case I ever lose it or it is stolen

Also, is there any easy way to password protect PDF documents?

Thanks

Jayho

9 Dec 2013      

Peter Hardy
Australia

Hi Jayho, Try the following: 1. Plug your USB flash drive into your computer at the USB port. 2. Click "Start" and select "My Computer" or "Computer." 3. Click on the USB flash drive in the next window. Right click in a blank area and select "New Folder" from the small menu. 4. Label your new folder with the name you want. Drag all of the files from the USB flash drive into the new folder. 5. Right-click on the folder and click "Properties." Click on the tab that reads "Sharing." 6. Click "Make This Folder Private." Click "Apply." Click "OK." 7. Click on the USB flash drive �s icon and enter your Windows Login password to get into the folder. Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_6767752_password-protect-usb-flash-drives.html#ixzz2n4LSly6G

10 Dec 2013     

Peter Hardy
Australia

Hi again Jayho, My previous answer didn �t work in Windows 7 as there was no box "Make this private" to tick. So maybe the following helps, from the same website: http://www.ehow.com/how_7297705_put-password-flash-drive.html

10 Dec 2013     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Peter - those methods didn �t work for me but your link took me to some other sites and now I have discovered how. It �s actually quite simple.  I just followed the steps in this video and hey presto - locked USB. I �m over the moon.

Cheers

Jayho

10 Dec 2013