Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > English Club    

English Club

saninou
Tunisia

English Club

It �s the first time that we launch an English Club in our secondary school .Would you mind helping us with types of activities tha we can do with our students

12 Jan 2014      

MoodyMoody
United States

I think the first thing you and the other teachers involved should do is ask the students what they would like to do. Keep things fun and enjoyable. Some suggestions to get them started (all in English language): movies, TV shows, music, games, talking about current events, applying to English-language universities, sports, and anything else that teenagers like. You might also check to see if any students would be interested in peer tutoring, both as tutors and as students. Do different things at different meetings.

12 Jan 2014     

massplus
France

Hello! Well, I don �t know if it �s a realistic idea but in one of my previous schools, we used to eat with motivated students at the cantina once a week at a usual fixed time and we only spoke English for the duration of the meal.

12 Jan 2014     

lurdesilva
Portugal

Last year I was responsible for the English Club in my school and we tried to have different activities every week. Some of them were online games (grammar, vocabulary, listening exercises), reading exercises and videos (songs or stories).

12 Jan 2014