Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Caption Contest!    

Caption Contest!

alexcure
Poland

Did you know why more than half population has below average intelligence? 

The recent international scientific research has proved that the reason is wrong reading habits. Bathtubreading is what our organism needs to soak up the book knowledge better and quicker as human organism contains 60% of water. The scientists discovered it thanks to a little genius boy [picture 1] who at the age of 7 started teaching quantum physics mechanisms at Harvard University. Recently, however, he developed a skill of soaking up the book knowledge in a bathtub without water, which would mean that it �s the merit of the very bathtub position while reading. 

Picture 1. Professor  Edward Roason, Harvard University. 

Dr Fiona Ernburg, however, discovered that it �s not only the bathtub position that matters, her brilliant experiment proved that bookbathtubreading is even more effective [picture 2]. Now she is working on the mental engineering project connected with the influence of bathtub books on the quality of acquisition. 

Picture 2. Dr Fiona Ernburg, Oxford University. 

And this is my mini photo guide - how to make your own bookbathtube [picture 3]. Enjoy your bookbathtubreading!

N
Picture 3. How to make your own book-bathtub. 

16 Jan 2014     

New-teacher2013
Morocco

Tongue Twister or Tongue Bubbler:

BE A BILLION BOOK-BACKED BOILING BUBBLE BATHTUB BATHER

16 Jan 2014     

isa2
Austria

Immersed in a blissful, bubbling booking experience!

16 Jan 2014     

Pierreroset
France

Back to "back" and spine to "spine". That �s a "binding" relationship !

16 Jan 2014     

JuliaKaraban
Russian Federation

:) Now I understand why many clever girls aren �t married!
The caption is: " Reading a bestseller "How to find a husband"

16 Jan 2014     

teresasimoes
Portugal

The ultimate pleasure: Taking a warm bath in a wide windowed "booked" room.

16 Jan 2014     

papadeli
Greece

Who needs a man?

Greetings from Greece,

16 Jan 2014     

huddersboy
Japan

now I realised i had misheard my girlfriend, i thought she said she �d regularly wee �d in the bath

16 Jan 2014     

MoodyMoody
United States

I �ll learn from Ed on Word of the Day and not put up another post declaring a winner, when this post is still up (and I already PMed the winner). There were so many great posts that it was difficult to pick a winner. This picture inspired everything from the truly inspirational from English Castle "A good read cleanses mind, body, and soul" to the slightly off-color "I thought she said she �d regularly wee �d in the bath" by huddersboy just above. This was an exceptionally long list, so I won �t go over each of them.

However, I decided to go with ascincoquinas �s "Testing Bath-Project Gutenberg" as an homage to Project Gutenberg, which is trying to collect and distribute electronically as many books as possible as freely as possible. As an avid reader both of print books and ebooks, I support this! Your turn, ascincoquinas!

16 Jan 2014     

< Previous   1    2