Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Courtesy Points for New Members?    

Courtesy Points for New Members?

rwinemiller
United States

Courtesy Points for New Members?

Hi all, I �m excited to get started and I �ve already made one online game, which is to be published tomorrow. I �m looking forward to sharing more activities, and being a contributing member. This suggestion won �t help me, but maybe in the future it might help others. I am trying to do a lesson on MLK Jr. tomorrow and I can �t print the lessons from this site. I tried to download last week, but it turned out I was clicking on an ad that said "download" instead. It wasn �t real clear at first what I had to do to download. So now I �ve contributed and I �m waiting, but it will be too late for my lesson. My suggestion is that brand new members be given at least 1 point to start out with. Especially when I �ve tried to contribute, but still have to wait. That would be a nice way to welcome new members to your site.
Thanks!

21 Jan 2014      

elderberrywine
Germany

I see your dilemma, rweinemiller, (WELCOME, by the way), but I think your idea would result in hundreds of people registering here just in order to get THIS ONE WORKSHEET they need badly for the next day �s lesson ... and never coming back to the site because they aren �t prepared to share.

21 Jan 2014     

cukurova
Turkey

I completely agree with Elderberrywine,this site is great this way-there are rules and you have to share and create for downloading other �s works.All you need is to get some points! It sure worths to wait a little!:) WELCOME to this great community!

21 Jan 2014     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Haven �t seen any games by you in recent contributions or in your profile... 

21 Jan 2014     

Rafael_Nadal
Egypt

it �s much better this way

21 Jan 2014     

joy2bill
Australia

I agree with you. At the beginning of my association with ESL Printables I was fortunate enough to receive 1 point from Victor so that I could start. That was a long time ago when Victor used to decide himself whether a contribution was appropriate for this site. Obviously the system has changed. I had contributed 3 worksheets that he deemed not suitable and I guess he felt sorry for me.
As for elderberrywine �s suggestion that people would log on for one point and then diappear...although this is true, they might actually find our work so useful that they might start contributing. With advertising we often give away a free sample for long term gain!
My tuppence �s worth
Joy

22 Jan 2014     

s.lefevre
Brazil

There aren �t any worksheets in the recebt contributions or in the contributuion for tomorrow. Are you sure you have sent it? Try again.

22 Jan 2014     

isa2
Austria

First of all, I want to say that the system is okay as it is. We want to avoid "freeriders" Wink who - as other members have already pointed out - only take advantage of the work of others. If they care, they share.

By the way, I �ve tried to find your WS in order to give you a point by downloading it but I can �t find it. Did you click on the SEND button??

22 Jan 2014     

starrr
Brazil

She did an ONLINE exercise and she will not earn any point.

22 Jan 2014     

oumaima
Tunisia

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed

can you explain what does this mean, thank you?

22 Jan 2014     

oumaima
Tunisia

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed

can you explain what does this mean, thank you?

22 Jan 2014     

1    2    Next >