Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > CUP SONG video by 105 French students (English version)    

CUP SONG video by 105 French students (English version)

stev
France

CUP SONG video by 105 French students (English version)

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to share with you one of the greatest moments I �ve had in my short ESL teaching carreer.

I teach English in a secondary school in the west of France (Jean Monnet Broons), and together with my 105 students, we shot a cup song video last December. They sing, do the cups, play music, and I play the bass.
It �s been on Youtube for about 10 days and has already reached more than 30 000 views.
We �ve had loads of positive feedback from viewers around the world, in the media (local and national) as well as from the Institution.

Suddenly, singing as a way to learn/teach English became reality.

I sincerely hope you �ll enjoy it and that their commitment and smiles will make your day, as it did for me.
I �d be so grateful if you could share the link to all your contacts, talk about the video, show it to your family and friends, comment, and make it grow like a big snowball! It �s mainly been seen in France, let �s make it international!

Here �s the link, hope you enjoy it :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5NVO6yO3KE

bye for now!

Steven

25 Jan 2014      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Wow! It �s awesome! I mean the scale of it and that you �re able to play music and sing together! That �s unreal! Way to go!
Sophia

25 Jan 2014     

sarguero
Spain

Brilliant, I hope you can include the lyrics. Congratulations!!!!! I sent it to my school music teacher.

25 Jan 2014     

evinches
France

Great job! Congratulations for getting so many "musicians" and singers motivated. What will your next project be? This one will be hard to follow. Good luck :)

25 Jan 2014     

spied-d-aignel
France

great job indeed , what a good way to end the year before the holidays!:)

25 Jan 2014     

gigique
Portugal

Fantastic job, Steven! Congratulations from a Portuguese teacher of English who loves teaching English with songs. And we know that music brings people together!

25 Jan 2014     

karagozian
France

Awesome, fantastic, beautiful and so creative. I wish I could do the same ! I love music. This is real good. Just amazing !

25 Jan 2014     

stev
France

Thanks everyone for your kind comments!
Feel free to share it on Facebook or Twitter or any social network!
Many cup songs are available on the web, and I was just inspired by them all, so the original idea is obviously not mine.
What I  did was put my students together, taught them how to do the percussion and sing along, record and edit the video. (within 5 weeks the project was completed)
I also designed and draw our cup song logo (with the art teacher), which was eventually printed on the cups, with the names of all the students involved in the project. They kept one cup each as a souvenir at the end of the shooting.
Thanks again for your nice words!

25 Jan 2014     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Have you seen the PopuLLar project?
Since you are already involving your students in music, I thought you might be interested.

25 Jan 2014     

ponguito
Portugal

Brilliant and very imaginative. Congratulations to your students and to you.

25 Jan 2014