Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Job and Work    

Job and Work

dmharg
Greece

Job and Work

My dear friends I need your help. Although I know the difference between job and work I find it quiet difficult to explain it to my students. I tried to use examples but they don �t seem to work. Could you please help me?

26 Jan 2014      

dmharg
Greece

sorry not quiet  quite :)

26 Jan 2014     

anitarobi
Croatia

One parent to another: �Our teenage son is really getting bored when he has some free time - we �ll have to find some work for him to do. �

Teacher: �I wish my job was only giving lessons, but I have so much work to do with planning, paperwork, grading, etc. that I sometimes get tired even before my lessons begin. �

Employer in a small company: �There is so much work to do, but I simply cannot afford yet to give someone new a job here. I will have to do all the work myself till the company business develops a bit more. �

Fireman: �My job is really dangerous and difficult, but, fortunately, there are days when there is hardly any serious work to be done. �

work= any kind of duty/activity that has to be performed and you do giving it your time and energy - at your workplace, at home, at school, wherever

job= working position, being employed

For a more detailed and more professional explanation, you might want to visit this link.

26 Jan 2014     

dmharg
Greece

THANK YOU Thumbs Up

26 Jan 2014     

manonski (f)
Canada

I sure work hard at my job!!!

26 Jan 2014     

dmharg
Greece

When we use work as a verb it is clear to see the difference, the problem is when they are both nouns. :)

27 Jan 2014