Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Word of the Day Contest Continues With a First-time Winner!:)    

Word of the Day Contest Continues With a First-time Winner!:)

cukurova
Turkey

Word of the Day Contest Continues With a First-time Winner!:)

Thank you MarionG for choosing my definition!Well,this is my first and I am really excited!:) I have searched Google and tried to find a �good � one! The word I picked is not a long,complicated one but is suitable for many new funny and creative entries! Here is my word:

IMPIGNORATE

I am waiting for your funny,unique and crazy definitions! Good luck!:)

27 Jan 2014      

ascincoquinas
Portugal

IMPIGNORATE = a new facebook addiction for those who play a game with pigs.

27 Jan 2014     

MarionG
Netherlands

To not be very knowledgable about pigs.

I am quite an impignorate myself and was surprised to read that
  • Professor Stanley Curtis of Penn State University has found that pigs can play joystick-controlled video games and are �capable of abstract representation.� Dr. Curtis believes that �there is much more going on in terms of thinking and observing by these pigs than we would ever have guessed.�

• Read more: http://www.peta.org/blog/top-ten-fascinating-facts-pigs/#ixzz2rdA5q1yJ

the things one learns when playing the word of the day game!

27 Jan 2014     

edrodmedina
    United States

I learned this word when I was a member of the 4H club and Future Farmers of America on my uncle �s farmer in Brooklyn. Impignorate is when a male pig gets a female pig pregnant. ex. The sow was impignorated by the large boar.

27 Jan 2014     

MoodyMoody
    United States

No, no, no! Impignorate has absolutely nothing to do with animals porcine! It is actually a technique for ridding one �s home of evil spirits by pretending not to notice them. It is the opposite of exorcise, which is ridding an area of evil spirits by driving them out.

imp: evil or mischievous spirit
    i-: not
    gnor-: know
    -ate: act on

27 Jan 2014     

domgirl
    Dominican Republic

Oh! This is whats happening to me! My pet pig doesnt like me anymore. Impignorate.

27 Jan 2014     

sarguero
    Spain

Have you ever eaten the world famous spanish "Jam�n Ib�rico de Bellota" ?  

If not you are a completely IMPIGNORATE

Note: Jam�n Ib�rico de Bellota = Delicious spanish cure ham  Pig

28 Jan 2014     

isa2
    Austria

As everybody knows it is an instrument that volcanologists and climatologists use to calculate the impact of igneous rock containing ores caused either by asteroid collision with the earth or by volcanic eruptions .

IMPact IGNeous ORes ATE (= automatic test equiment)

28 Jan 2014     

douglas
    United States

An IMPIGNORATE is a person that goes through life without seeing or acknowledging the fairies and other magical creatures (such as imps) surrounding them.

28 Jan 2014