Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Exercises for a boy with high capacities    

Exercises for a boy with high capacities

beefeater
Albania

Exercises for a boy with high capacities

Hi,
I �ve got a student aged 15 who has been detected high capacities in learning. I need your help to suggest any methods or activities, ideas... because his level in English in basic but he �s very demotivated at school and he doesn �t want to work in any subject. He does nothing. Could you please help with some ideas? Thanks a lot!!!

27 Jan 2014      

anmu6619@gm
New Zealand

Kids with high capabilities get noticed by the other kids. The other kids pick on the kid who are better than they are. So it sounds like this kid is trying to fit in and get along with the other classmates and doesn�t want any more trouble. Maybe you can assign extra catch up homework in English privately. How old is this kid?

27 Jan 2014     

douglas
United States

This may sound strange, but it is based on observations I �ve made involving "high capacity" kids; how about (alternate) comics and reading? 

These kids often identify with more "off-the-grid" type literature, etc. because of the "outsider/different" feeling it portrays.

28 Jan 2014