Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > how to play the game happy families    

how to play the game happy families

nitza22
Israel

how to play the game happy families

hi,

to answer your ? , the game is played in groups of 4-6. each player receives 4 cards. the rest of the cards are placed in a pile face down. the aim of the game is to collect sets of 4 cards according to the categories.

each player in turn asks another player: do you have( the name of the category)? if he says no- the player takes a card from the pile and the turn moves on. if he says yes-then the first player continues to ask: do you have....(the specific item that he needs)if the answer is yes- the second player gives the card to the first one and the first player can continue asking:  do you have more?....the winner is the player who has collected the most groups- categories.

hope the instructions were clear. good luck  

nitza, israel

4 Feb 2009      

cookingongas
France

Magic! Thanks Nitza, I love playing Happy Famillies with my students (and with my friends), but I didn�t know the rules exactly. Now it will be even better.

All the best, have fun,

Charles.

5 Feb 2009