Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > hink pink    

hink pink

dmharg
Greece

hink pink

Hi there :) I have a problem with an exercise in the book Powerful Vocabulary and I need help, pleeeeease. The exercise says:
Directions A �hink pink� is a pair of rhyming words. For example, a tiny room you enter after coming
in the door could be called a �small hall.� Demonstrate your understanding of the meaning of the
vocabulary words below by completing the hink pinks.

1. Everyone loves the baker�s cakes and cookies and says that she simply can�t improve
her ______________________ treats.
2. When he forgot the answers to the questions, his friends accused him of
having a ___________________________ drain.
3. I�m so angry that you had better _____________________ clear of me or I�ll just explode.
4. Since all his phone calls involved complaining, his parents accused him of
having a _____________________________ phone.
5. In the river, the police discovered the _______________________ barge used to carry
stolen goods.
6. The thief committed a crime by taking money from the cash ______________________.
7. �I forgive you. I know you didn�t mean it,� said Aunt Priscilla. �You�re so silly.
You�re just a ______________________ billy.�

31 Jan 2014      

maryse pey�
France

As far as I �m concerned, I �ll answer : 1) SWEET 2) BRAIN 3) GEAR 4) GROAN 5) LARGE 6) TRASH 7) WILY But I confess that I am looking forward to what Ed, Bruce or so many of our dear other colleagues are going to explain us !

31 Jan 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I �m with maryse, but also:

3) steer  5) ?  6) stash  7) silly

31 Jan 2014     

edrodmedina
United States

I think that between Maryse and Lynne you �ve got all the answers. I would go with steer on 3 and as for 8 any word rhymes with     . Ed

31 Jan 2014     

MoodyMoody
United States

If you really want to blow their minds, for #6 you could refer to the "cash cache" (using homophones), as well as the "cash stash." If someone has cash trash, can I dumpster dive at your place? Lynne has it right on 3, 6, and 7; maryse nailed 1,2,4, and 5 ("large barge," Lynne).

Here �s a possible #8: Our English Club has decided to go pick up trash from the sides of the road next Saturday. That �s our pollution solution! (Do we need a fourth game for the forums?)

31 Jan 2014     

dmharg
Greece

Thank you all soooo much Clap

1 Feb 2014