Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Present Continuous    

Present Continuous

Telita011
Argentina

Present Continuous

Hi everybody ! I need your help...I have to prepare a lesson plan teaching the Present Continuous...I need ideas to prepare it...I have to create a context to introduce the theme ...it is for 4� year... your suggestions are going to help me a lot

thanks in advance Wink

5 Feb 2014      

spied-d-aignel
France

Just type "present continuous " in the "content " space up above of this homepage and click on search and you will get all the contributions colleagues sent on that subject. Hope it helps.Good evening!:)

5 Feb 2014     

rockthevinyl
United States

I always like to do miming/Charades.

I have two teams, and one member from each team comes up to the front of the class.  I whisper a sentence to them (and also show them the sentence on paper if needed) and they act it out.  

The team members must guess the verb, then ask it in the form of a question: "Are you singing opera?"  "Are you cooking pizza?"  "Are you reading a boring book?"  etc.  

Extra points given if they can change the subject or make it affirmative/negative.

5 Feb 2014     

LenaMar
Portugal

Last year I used this Tongue twister as a contest, it was fun

Sally is selling sea shells by the sea shore.

The shells she�s selling are surely seashells.

So if she is selling shells on the seashore,

I�m sure she�s selling seashore shells.

5 Feb 2014     

Alesch
Chile

The context could be hobbies (1), or actions at school  (2).
I would introduce the topic writing on the board a sentence like:

1. I am playing tennis

2. I am reading

Then I would do the mimic and repeat "I am playing tennis". After that, I �d make the students stand up and do the same as me and make them repeat the sentence. To continue I �d erase the tennis part and change it for basketball or guitar, and repeat the process with several sentences. Change them one by one on the board and ask them what was similar in all of the sentences. This �d be the cue to explain -ing.

I �d continue explaining with mimic and writing the sentences on the board.
He is singing
She is dancing...etc.

That would be just for introducing the structure.

5 Feb 2014     

FrauSue
France

You could show a picture with lots of action in it and ask them to explain what each person is doing. You could use a page from Where �s Wally, or do a Google image search for "Ravensburger jigsaw" and you will get lots of fun pictures.

6 Feb 2014