Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning online exercises > Vocabulary exercises    

Vocabulary exercises

Digico
Netherlands

Vocabulary exercises

Dear colleagues,

I have a question and I was hoping you could help me answering it.

I want to test the vocabulary of my pupils and I want to do so using ESL Printables, because this saves me a lot of correction work.

ESL Printables is an English sites and when I read the rules it said that only English exercises are allowed.

However my pupils are Dutch ESL learners, so I want to test their vocabulary using Dutch words. Is this allowed? Or will these exercises not be approved?

Thanks for your all your replies,

Marco
http://bit.ly/englishgrmmr

7 Feb 2014      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

You realise that before an OE is published, it is rated by the users who view it, so how many teachers do you think will find it useful to put it through?
Why not use pictures or simple definitions in English instead of L1?

7 Feb 2014     

Digico
Netherlands

That �s why I �m asking.

I came across some vocabulary assignments and they were in French, so I thought maybe there is an exception for this kind of exercises.

My pupils have to study certain vocabulary (from the method we use), so my exercises would be based on these words.

But thanks for your reply. Now I know that I don �t have to spend my time creating them.

8 Feb 2014