Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > New WOD    

New WOD

alexcure
Poland

New WOD

Thank you Ed for choosing my "daffynition", it was a surprise for me to learn about it tonight. 

The new Word Of the Day is: SUPERMAXILLARY 

I can �t wait for your definitions :), the word as such is completely new for me, I found it by chance searching for something suitable.... 

16 Feb 2014      

MoodyMoody
United States

Supermaxillary is an adjective referring to an extremely potent computer virus.

super: great, extreme
MAX: a software language integrating video and audio functions
ill: sick
-ary: adjectival suffix

Update your antivirus software soon, or the supermaxilla will put the bite on your computer!

16 Feb 2014     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

SUPERMAXILLARY = name given to a sailing vessel built by a famous and rich man called Lary:

16 Feb 2014     

maryse pey�
France

Oh no no no ! You know very badly your comics and your US history ! Supermaxillary is the name given to the SUPPER of SUPERman with MAX (his superdog) and HILLARY Clinton just before she became the American 1st Lady. Test : can you say when Bill Clinton became the US President ? (10 points)

16 Feb 2014     

oumsalsabil
Algeria

supermax: short for "super-maximum security" is the name used to describe  a prison that provides long term, segregated housing for the "worst of the worst" criminals
maxille: upper jaw
ary:suffix to form  nouns

So supermaxilary refers to very dangerous prisoners who pose a threat to anyone who approaches them  and who , in attempt to attack others if they are tied to a chair or whatever , don �t hesitate to bite them .That �s why these criminals are kept alone with tied hands and locked jaws under the most secure levels of custody.
Such imprisoned criminals remind us of Anthonny Hopkins in his famous role of Dr. Hannibal Lecter that he played in  " Red Dragon"

16 Feb 2014     

MoodyMoody
United States

Sorry maryse, Superman �s dog was Krypto. Bill Clinton was elected President the first time on November 3, 1992, and was first inaugurated January 20, 1993. He was re-elected on November 5, 1996, and was inaugurated the second time on January 20, 1997.

16 Feb 2014     

edrodmedina
United States

What John told Hilary when she asked what the name of the new 2lb. McDonald �s burger is called down Jamaica way: super macs �ilary.

16 Feb 2014     

sarguero
Spain

As Mary Poppins said: This is Supermaxillarycexpialidocious  Ouch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThBhL-R58UI

17 Feb 2014     

maryse pey�
France

Hey Moody you rock ! Max is Krypto �s son, unfortunately Krypto didn �t want to recognize him... And by the way you �ve got your 10 points + 10 others ! Excellent work ! You are supermaxillary dear !

17 Feb 2014     

douglas
United States

What they are going to call "super-sized" Hillary Clinton about a year after she retires for good and has gained about 50 pounds.

17 Feb 2014