Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Music - help    

Music - help

sueee
Portugal

Music - help

Hi, there.Thumbs Up

I hope you can help. Do you know a song related with cinema or theatre? I want to use one to talk about these topics in class.

Have a good afternoon.
Thanks.

5 Feb 2009      

claramvieira (F)
Portugal

Hannah Montana "if we were a movie"- you can find the video on Youtube 

5 Feb 2009     

tlbojko
United States

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for or not.  I tend to love songs by Jack Johnson because people are entertained by them yet he speaks slowly and clearly enough for my students to understand.  There is a song called "Cookie Jar" that could be interesting.  In this song, it begs the question - whose fault is childhood/teenage violance.  Basically, the singer first blames it on the boy, then the TV and News Media, then the Parents, Video Games, Movie Stars, and Video Games.  It is a great segway into talking about the impact of the media on today�s society.

Good luck!

Tracy

5 Feb 2009     

dennismychina
China

Hi Sue,

Try this site. It�ll give you loads of ideas. Then you�ll have to search for the appropriate songs.

http://www.rateitall.com/t-22271-remarkable-musical-theater-songs-from-the-late-50s-onward.aspx

5 Feb 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

This link may be useful.

5 Feb 2009     

sueee
Portugal

THANKS FOR YOUR IDEAS. yOU HELPED ME A LOT. HAVE A NICE WEEKEND.

6 Feb 2009