Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > free game (repost) last chance    

free game (repost) last chance

edrodmedina
United States

free game (repost) last chance

Colleagues, I just finished a game that you can use as a whole class or small group activity. You can use it as a (gasp) fun activity to review any subject. Have a set of questions or problems pre-prepared. Divide the class into teams, anywhere from 2 to 4 (if you want more teams let me know and I can show you how to do it. Each team will be assigned a color. Behind each star is either a 1 or an X. Ask the team a question or have them solve a problem. If they get it correct they have a chance to turn over one of the stars by clicking on it. If their star reveals a 1 they get a point if the star reveals an X, they don�t get the point. The team that gets 10 points first, wins. You can make it 5 points for the younger students. To assign the points, click on the color bar and the numbers will advance. If you have a difficult question you can assign it a double star and the team gets to choose two stars instead of one. I�m aware that after a while the students will memorize the place where the points are. I�m going to make other slides with the points in other positions. If anyone would like a copy (in a PPtx format) PM me. It is absolutely free. Just send me your bank routing number and that�s all! Ed

Edit: Did I say routing number?? I meant email address.

21 Feb 2014      

Enid Stella
South Africa

Hi there Ed

Thank you so much for your offer - much appreciated!! Please send a copy to [email protected]

Many thanks
Greetings from South Africa
Enid

22 Feb 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

It sounds a bit complicated for me Ed, but can I have it and I �m going to try it.

Ta very much. 

22 Feb 2014