Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > winner word of the day: Anaram    

winner word of the day: Anaram

MarionG
Netherlands

winner word of the day: Anaram

The entrees for the word ATARAXIA were very varied but most of them sounded very plausable. From David �s black teeth and foul breath due to chewing tar before the invention of bubble gum, to Sarguero �s capital of Atlantis, all sounded as if they could be the real meaning. Even Ed �s suggestion it was the name of Santana �s album after �Abraxos � could fool some, I �m sure.
Well played everyone!

There can of course be only one winner, and I chose ANARAM.
Also ANARAM �s definition sounds totally plausable to me:

It �s a medical condition associated with the loss of control due to a deficiency of tar. People who suddendly give up smoking or switch to low tar cigarettes can suffer from this disease.

The real meaning of ATARAXIA, is actually quite the opposite:

a lucid state of robust tranquility, characterized by ongoing freedom from distress and worry.

May we all achieve ataraxia in our professional and personal lives, and carry on...

22 Feb 2014