Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day for 4-? March 2014    

Word of the Day for 4-? March 2014

douglas
United States

Word of the Day for 4-? March 2014

Hi Again,

A red-letter week for me, I get to choose both the caption contest and WOD.

The WOD for today is : 

FESTOON 

I want to read some wacky definitions for this word (not the dictionary definition).

Cheers, Douglas

4 Mar 2014      

isa2
Austria

This is what festive June croons for her platoon.

4 Mar 2014     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Fest = obviously from the French word "f�te" (festival, festivit�...)
toons:

festoon: a party or a carnival where people are dressed as looney tunes characters and since it �s Mardi Gras today let �s have a festoon party :)))

4 Mar 2014     

edrodmedina
United States

Everyone has heard of Comic Con (Comicbook Convention). Festoon (festival for cartoons) was a similar concept for cartoons. It was first held in Hawaii and everyone went around wearing flower necklaces. Ed

4 Mar 2014     

oumsalsabil
Algeria

festoon is a blend of fesse(French word meaning buttock) + stone . It is an uncomfortable,sometimes painful, lump in the butt after being badly injected.
To avoid a festoon, make sure to walk around after the injection and don �t forget to put a heating pad on the injection area for 10-15 minutes  because the heat can dissipate the medication so that it does not harden.

4 Mar 2014     

douglas
United States

And the winner is Elojolie!!

6 Mar 2014