Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Email template    

Email template

Jayho
Australia

Email template

Hi everyone

Does anyone know where I can find an up-to-date e-mail template to stick into a WS?

Cheers

Jayho

4 Mar 2014      

alien boy
Japan

The British Council has some good stuff, but not a template, as such. Their lesson plan has some great dos & don �ts. The worksheet uses a strip arrangement fr the students, wth an example of a good and bad email.

What kind of template are you after? Visual or text? Business communication or marketing?

Cheers,
AB

Edit: Using English.com also has some good outlines available. The first 3 free links on that page aren�t bad, especially Opening and Closing Formal and Informal Emails and Letters.

4 Mar 2014     

ELOJOLIE274
France

do you mean that?

http://abbyandme.com/email-tutoria
l

:)

5 Mar 2014     

Jayho
Australia

Hi AB and Elodie

Thx for your responses.

Useful links AB but what Elodie posted is what I am really looking for, so thx Elodie.

It�s for my beginner mature aged new migrant women who I have to teach basic e-mails to (most who have never used a computer). This template is simple and just perfect.  We�ll get it right in in hard copy format first before we hit the computers so that all they have to do then is copy their message.

Cheers

Jayho

5 Mar 2014     

Maria Linz
Brazil

Hi! I am also interested in EloJolie �s template (an email format) but I couldn �t open the file, as a message shows up saying that it �s not safe to allow intranet, et, etc. Could you help me with that? Thanks so much? Maria ;)

5 Mar 2014     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Maria

The link didn�t work for me so I copied it into google and found it that way (I often have that problem).

I then found the image and copied it onto a Word doc.  It was a bit too short so I lengthened it by copying it again and then cropping the top from the second image using the picture tool in Word. That gave it more writing room. 

My students will handwrite their message onto this template.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Jayho

5 Mar 2014     

alien boy
Japan

That�s ok Jayho! I just assumed you�d do a screen capture of whatever email program you use, edit & insert it. That�s what I usually do. What I liked with the pdf I linked was the table format for organising the structure of an email clearly & the sample language that could be used. Essentially what I did with both 6th graders & another group of grandmothers I taught :) Cheers, AB

5 Mar 2014     

Jayho
Australia

That was my next step AB, using the fantabulous snip tool.

Most definitely useful links which I �ll keep in mind when I have to teach e-mails to higher level students.

Cheers

Jayho

5 Mar 2014