Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Help needed for my fisrt adult class!!!!!!     

Help needed for my fisrt adult class!!!!!!

Jessisun
Argentina

Help needed for my fisrt adult class!!!!!!

Hi, everyone!!! I work in a private institution and tomorrwo I start classes with a new group of adults. The director of the institution told me that They �re a beginner, even though I think a much higher beginner All pretty young crowd except for one of them a lawyer in his fifties, and all pretty high professional, two of them need it because they are planning to travel for continuing their education and another who uses his English for work a lot. Any suggestions for the first class??? I �m planning some getting to know you questions, but I �d like to have something more dinamic or any activity that they might feel great when the class finishes. I want them to enjoy their first class, that �s why I �m ready to listen to your suggestions!!!! Thanks a lot in advance!!! Smile

4 Mar 2014      

anahutten
Canada

Hi Jessisun: Using some "getting to know you" questions as a warm up is a great idea. You could elicit some questions from them and put them on the board and then add a couple more. You can discuss which questions are OK and which are inappropriate. Have the students interview a partner, and then they should tell the class about their new friend. If you want them to do some writing, you could have them write an e-mail to a friend telling them about this classmate they just met. Another good conversation lesson is about "Small Talk", something very useful for everyone. Take a look at this: http://esl.about.com/od/conversationlessonplans/a/lesson_smtalk.htm Ana.

5 Mar 2014