Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > help needed    

help needed

besmah
Tunisia

help needed

hello dearest colleaugues ,

Our new topic is entitled the world around us . Unfortunately , I have no idea on how to deal with  it . Could any body of you help me with some links or if possible some worksheets or lesson plans . I teach grade 10 .

6 Feb 2009      

aftab57
United Kingdom

On the main esl printables page use the Vocabulary and Grammaer topics to search for materials.

6 Feb 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Natalis has a whole bunch of great flash cards about countries and nationalities.
You could choose on country from each part of the world and have the kids
read about them on the internet. Make groups, such as:
The Asian Group
The European Group
The American Group etc,
and after a week, have each group give a presentation to the class about
the country they worked on.  (or a power point presentation)

Here�s the link to the Flash cards:
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=47470#thetop

Otherwise look under Natalis name.

L

6 Feb 2009     

dennismychina
China

Wouldn�t you think that the word around us is a bit closer to home? Like local environmental issues.

6 Feb 2009     

feenanou
France

Hi !

I agree with Dennismychina, I would have thought "the world around us" meant the local environment : talking about your family, your house, your hometown etc.

Have fun !

Anne

6 Feb 2009     

trelly
Argentina

Last year, Longman started a campaign here in Argentina which was about values, and the topic was related to what you are asking for. Here you can take a look at and download the materials. It was a very nice experience because children (at least my students) could relate the story to environmental issues and, although they were a 1st level group, they could work perfectly using their background knowledge.
You may want to check out some worksheets here too!
Hope it�s useful!

6 Feb 2009