Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Do you believe that.......    

Do you believe that.......

olga.sergeevna
Belarus

Do you believe that.......

The Americans have such features of characters as: - individualism and collectivism - being reserved - being always OK - moderation in everything - problem solving - being practical - patience - competitiveness 2.The Belarusians have such features of characters as: - individualism and collectivism - purposefulness - open-heartedness - complaining about problems - going to extremes - problem making - generosity, - hospitality - patience - competitiveness

21 Mar 2014      

Jane Jackson
Canada

Hi,Olga!!Americans realize that individuals must rely on themselves, otherwise they risk to loose their freedom. They are reserved an American would probably prefer to talk about football, rather than to share his or her problems with anybody. That �s why they are always OK!They are purposeful and strive co compete. They just propose you a cup of coffee at home.They never complain and moderate in everything

21 Mar 2014     

Jack Daniel
Canada

Hello!I can help you!)The Belarusians used to live, work, cope with some difficulties just in groups, they prefer to cooperate to achieve something.  Most Americans believe wealth is a reward for hard work and that it �s possible to have good standard of living if a person works hard.  

But the Belarusians strive just earn money for a living.  The Belarusians borrow money from their relatives or friends, the Americans borrow money from the bank. It may seem that Americans are always OK. Though the Belarusians are purposeful but they are not so competitive as the Americans. The Belarusians do not strive to win all the time.  

21 Mar 2014     

Jane Jackson
Canada

I can help you!! Americans have a childish attitude to life, they tend to simplify everything.  While Belarusian  dinner is a real feast, the  Americans make as many hamburgers as there are guests expected. 

It is the biggest torture for them to wait even 10 minutes.

21 Mar 2014     

JuliaKaraban
Russian Federation

Belarusians are really hospitable and open -hearted.

21 Mar 2014     

almaz
United Kingdom

Does anyone else have an odd feeling about Olga, Jane and Jack? No points... obviously not Canadians...  pictures link to dating agency/lifestyle site...

21 Mar 2014     

douglas
United States

Good call Alex, I guess we are writing their advertising for them. Maybe I should change my name to "Jack Daniel" to-- I�m sure I could "get lots of chicks" with a name like that.

21 Mar 2014