Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Advice, please    

Advice, please

carinita
Argentina

Advice, please

What do you do when you feel your students � thinking goes quickly than your own thinking?
Do you deliver short activities? Many of them? Varied? (My students are 14 year old) Thanks in advance!

22 Mar 2014      

lisilemos
Argentina

Hi Carinita,
the series of book "What �s up?" (Starter, 1, 2,etc) have a kind of workbook with two parts called "Extra practice". The first one is for practising the vocabulary and grammar of the coursebooks, the second part is  for "Fast finishers Activities" and adds a lot of simple exercises for the ones who are quicker than the rest in the English class.

Inside the coursebooks there is also a test at the end of each unit.

There is also a companion website where you can download more material and even use them as test if they correspond to the topics of your classes. You can use them as extra-practice. It �s for teenagers, it �s rather simple but may work for your class. For tests look at: http://www.pearsonelt.com.ar/resources/web/wu_tests/

For online teacher resources for the second edition: (you have to register first): http://www.pearsonelt.com.ar/wu/wu_home_teacher.htm

As you are from Argentina, look for it in the library of your school or some place you can find English books because the Ministerio de Educaci�n sent them to many secondary schools. I hope you find it!!

NOTICE that I have the old edition (blue cover, red cover, etc) , I don �t know what �s new in the second edition.

Best regards,

Elizabeth

22 Mar 2014