Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > A Problem with Uploading PPTs.    

A Problem with Uploading PPTs.

medderraz
Morocco

A Problem with Uploading PPTs.

Dear All, 
       I hope you �re all fine .. I tried twice to upload  a PPT doc. related to a song WS that I had already uploaded but, in vain,  couldn �t !  Needless to say maybe , that I wrote it myself , relying on different sources from the internet, and I used some free & "familiar" pictures from the net as well ! So, could you please, especially those of you who are familiar with uploading PPT docs., enlighten me about where/or what can be the problem ?
       I should also add that after waiting till the end of the uploading process (i,e, 100%) I got a message which reads as follows :

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Thanks in Advance & have a nice weekend ! :)

22 Mar 2014      

danhim
Vietnam

Neither have I. I �ve been trying many times. Nothing has happened except the message

" 500 - Internal server error ...."
 What should I do? 

23 Mar 2014     

tunisian.teacher
Tunisia

Hi,
I think that the 500 internel server message refers to the size of the document.

23 Mar 2014     

Sonn
Russian Federation

I think 500 Internal server error should be included into F.A.Q. This question is asked almost daily. The answers can be found in multiple forum threads but still people keep asking the same questions. I think including this topic into F.A.Q. could save someone �s time.

The answers can be found in the rules of the site

When you reach 30 points you will become a premium user (not automatically, but the next day). Then you will have 30 free downloads every day (without using your points). These 30 free downloads can only be chosen from the recent contributions (previous day contributions), not from the whole collection.

New users are allowed to upload one worksheet per day. When you become a premium user you are allowed to send three worksheets per day.

The uploading system:

Printables must be under 500KB. They must be .doc files.

If you are using Word 2007, take into account that your documents will be saved as .docx by default. This format is not accepted here, since not everybody can use it. Therefore you have to choose "save as word 97-2003 document", in the "save as" options.

•  

Powerpoints must be under 2 MB. They must be .ppt documents.

If the uploading system does not work, first check that your document meets the previous conditions. Even when it does, the uploading system may fail sometimes. In that case it is recommended to wait and try again 1 hour later.

http://www.eslprintables.com/rulesofthewebsite.htm

23 Mar 2014     

Abouhou
Morocco

Reasons I can think of are to make sure you:
1. respect the file size allowed.
2. file format (extension. e.g: .doc not .docx)
3. try again later in case the server is busy 

23 Mar 2014     

akoyad
France

Something �s obviously going wrong on the site ! Yesterday some of us reported getting the following message : " There was an error with your contribution" and some suggested how to overcome this problem. I got the same over and over (7 times !) during the last three weeks.I also tried to contact Victor but got no answer... I �m becoming desperate on what to do as the size of my doc and the file format are fine .
Can a moderator help me please ?
Thanks a lot :-D

23 Mar 2014     

ginandsylvain
France

I agree! And now we can �t even download documents that are available! Strange...
I have been trying to contribute documents for two weeks now with no success!

23 Mar 2014     

Mama_Nusi
Poland

I can see I �m not the only one with that problem.

23 Mar 2014     

primpi
United Kingdom

this is happening to me also I have to upload the same worksheet twice then it is accepted . 

23 Mar 2014     

dackala
Serbia

I think that you need to wait for a while, if your files are the right size. That �s probably something to do with server problem. Sonn mentioned the rules, but it �s not a problem with file size with all of our printables. And since there �s no search option for forum topics (as far as I know) members can �t look for what they need to know. So, it may be the reason why the same questions are posted all over again. It happened to me several times, but I tried later on, and the uploads were successful. Maybe you should try later ( of course if the file size is ok).

23 Mar 2014