Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > World Cup 2014 project    

World Cup 2014 project

suheiser
Brazil

World Cup 2014 project

Hi! I would like your opinion about making video with students. They are adults, and I would like to challenge them to speak English. First I thought about ask them to make a short dialog with a classmate to present to the class, then I was thinking and realized that it isn �t a real challenge to them.
 Then, as we are from Brazil and we are hosting the World Cup I thought that they could make a kind of video to welcomme the tourist that will come to our country. I had look for something on youtube, but I didn �t have idea how to make it, considering the classes are big. So I am wondering what each of my students would say on the video. I think that all of them repeating tha same think would not world cupbe so interesting.
I also pretend to post this video on the Internet.
Could you help me in some way?
Thanks in advance.

25 Mar 2014      

crashingwaves64
United States

Good Afternoon, Why don �t you have your students introduce themselves and talk about Brazil. It could be a travel to Brazil infomercial or news cast (60 Minutes: Exploring Brazil! You can post it on Sample script: Student 1: Are you interested in seeing one of the Wonders of the World? Want to play on copacabana beach? Watch the World Cup live and visit Brazil! Student 2: With it �s beautiful scenery, vast wildlife, and numerous events visiting Brazil is a vacation you �ll never forget. Student 3: Talks about Rio things to do and see Student 4: Talks about Sao Paolo things to do and see Student 5: Talks about carnival Student 6: talks about world cup ...etc! Hope that helps! :) Liz

25 Mar 2014     

suheiser
Brazil

Thank you very much for your help!

25 Mar 2014