Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HELP! Translation    

HELP! Translation

sabry7011
Italy

HELP! Translation

Hi everybody!
I need help to translate in English this Italian sentence: "Ce n �� per tutti i gusti"... For non-Italian speakers it means something like this: "There �s something for every taste/flavouring".
Thanks in advance.

28 Mar 2014      

alexcure
Poland

Hi Sabry,

I think that the context would help a lot... Please write what the "ne" refers to, as your translation as "there �s something" is not precise. 

28 Mar 2014     

sabry7011
Italy

It �s "n ��", that is "ne �". "Ne" is an indefinite pronoun usually translated with some and compounds depending to what it refers. In this idiomatic expression the sense is that anyone can find something s/he likes....

28 Mar 2014     

maryse pey�
France

Ciao cara, Hi dear, I would say �there �s for each own ! �. That �s the same idea that �each own has one �s tastes � in the meaning. Buona fine settimana. Good weekend. Marisa.

28 Mar 2014     

yanogator
United States

sabry7011,
I �m guessing that this is a general statement, meaning that in life/in the world there exists something for every taste. In that case, a close equivalent would be "There �s something for everyone". Although "There �s something for every taste" isn �t a saying in English, it certainly works well, so I would go with that.

@maryse,
Your options aren �t quite right. I think you are using "own" when you mean "one" or "his or her own".

Bruce

28 Mar 2014     

edrodmedina
United States

Different strokes for different folks.

28 Mar 2014     

sabry7011
Italy

Thanks!Hug

28 Mar 2014     

iguana65
Vietnam

"Each to his own" would be the English translation, I think :)

28 Mar 2014