Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Lost in translation-translation doubt!    

Lost in translation-translation doubt!

portugueseteacher
Portugal

Lost in translation-translation doubt!

Hello eveyone! I wonder if you can help me to tranlate "cartridge grease"into Portuguese.I have searched for the meaning but...I wasn �t sucessful.. Thanks for your kind help!

28 Mar 2014      

portugueseteacher
Portugal

"Lubricating bearing fan"-can someone please tell me what is this?Thanks in advance!

28 Mar 2014     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

it �s a fan which bears/has lubrication OR a bearing/supporting fan that is meant to lubricate OR (as part of the participial clause) something lubricates the bearing fan (I�m guessing the grease cartridge is doing that):) but without the context some really wild guesses come to mind:)

to bear- to support the weight of somebody/something
to lubricate- to put a lubricant on something such as the parts of a machine, to help them move smoothly
fan - a machine with blades that go round to create a current of air
cartridge - a case containing something that is used in a machine
grease - any thick oily substance, especially one that is used to make machines run smoothly

as to the cartridge grease, sounds like you are translating the instructions for some gun:)

context is crucial!

28 Mar 2014     

portugueseteacher
Portugal

Thanks for your precious help ueslteacher!You �re right contexto is essential....The translation is about safety at work and hazardous materials...which can explode! Have a nice week!

31 Mar 2014