Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Where can I get free images from?    

Where can I get free images from?

angeles bosch
Spain

Where can I get free images from?

Dear colleagues, Can somebody help me? Every time I make up a worksheet or ppt, it is not published because (I presume) it has copyright images! I always get them from google images, which I thought where free to be used. Could you please tell me where I can get images just for the purpose of decorating my work? Thanks a million!

31 Mar 2014      

sarasantos
Portugal

Hi!

Try this conversation on the forum, I think it contains a lot of useful links to cliparts.

Hope it helps!

Cheers!

Sara Santos

31 Mar 2014     

lisilemos
Argentina

Hi!

I use free clipart from: 
WPClipart.com (52,713 Public Domain images)

http://www.wpclipart.com/browse.html

I use free photographs from: 
Stock.XCHNG (407073 photos online). There are free photos.

You may use the images from that website:
- in digital format on websites, multimedia presentations, broadcast film and video, cell phones.
- in printed promotional materials, magazines, newspapers, books, brochures, flyers, CD/DVD covers, etc.

We only have to ask permission from the photographer if we want to use the images for commercial purposes.

http://www.sxc.hu/

I hope you find this info useful for your works!

31 Mar 2014     

spied-d-aignel
France

I  don � t use any particular sites , when I want  a clipart  for a cat for ex , I just type "catfree cliparts " in the search engine and the in "images "I choose a picture which has no mark whatsoever  at the bottom on the side or watermark, that is a small logo appearing at the center of the clipart and I make sure the picture is free to useand not too heavy 10/15 ko, . Hope it helps!:)

31 Mar 2014     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

@spied-d-aignel : Well, that is NOT a good idea at all for worksheets you upload here because images that don �t have watermarks can also be copyrighted and you have to check their terms of use before you use them. While it maybe OK for you to use them for your students in class, it is a totally different thing to use them in a worksheet distributed in the Internet.
BTW did you know that images can be traced and authors sometimes do that to see where their images have been used without permission. And that shouldn �t be taken lightly because your favourite website might get reported for breach of copiright and end up blocked.

Like Elizabeth, I would advise to use public domain images or those which are allowed to be used for educational purposes and be distributed.
As Sara pointed out, there are lots of links to such websites in the older forum posts.

31 Mar 2014     

spied-d-aignel
France

But I check  that in the properties and when I see a particular picture which was used already( as for my ws on the present continuous ) I pm the person concerned  I try to do my best  not to break the rules and to hare my work not sell it!!

1 Apr 2014     

alexcure
Poland

Well, you can search for free clip arts via Office Online (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/images/??Origin=EC790014051033&CTT=6&ver=12&app=winword.exe

1 Apr 2014     

macomabi
Portugal

Have a look here
and here.

1 Apr 2014     

angeles bosch
Spain

Thanks for your help!!!!!!

1 Apr 2014