Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the day (Week) 1 April    

Word of the day (Week) 1 April

douglas
United States

Word of the day (Week) 1 April

Here �s the latest WOD (WOW).  Please don �t give the real definiton fo rthe word, I want you to get creative and come-up with a new definiton for it.

cornadaepibuttopamplonika

Have fun,
Douglas

1 Apr 2014      

MoodyMoody
United States

corn: grain, maize
DAE: Does Anybody Else?
pi: P 3.14..
butt: short for buttocks
o-: extra syllable to facilitate pronunciation
Pamplonika: woman from Pamplona, Spain

So, cornadaepibuttopamplonika is a query from Pamplonan women, asking if others have found that eating corn gives a perfectly round butt.

1 Apr 2014     

florimago
Spain

cornada : goring in Spanish ; epi: a prefix ocurring in loan words from Greek meaning "on" "near" ; butt: short form of "buttocks"; pamplonika : A woman from Pamplona So this Word just means a local woman (born in Pamplona) who decided to go to "Los San Fermines " (Spanish festival taking place in Pamplona where bulls run after people who try not to be hit by them )and got a goring near her buttocks . Oh dear !!!

1 Apr 2014     

sarguero
Spain

cornadaepibuttopamplonika = That �s what you feel when your honey flirts with someone from Pamplona.  Evil Smile

1 Apr 2014     

douglas
United States

Quick reponse: as far as I know the word cornadaepibuttopamplonika does not exist.  Yesterday was April Fool �s so I thought I would have alittle bit of fun.  LOL 

I loved all three of your responses, but Florimago was closest to the logic I used when building the word--so congratulations Florimago you ar ethe new winner of the WOD!

Cheers,
Douglas

2 Apr 2014