Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the day 2 April     

Word of the day 2 April

florimago
Spain

Word of the day 2 April

Thanks for choosing me , Douglas .Of course it was April fool �s day !!!Silly me !!! Your Word didn�t sound very English-like to me , you know ,but I did my best . It�s the first time I win this contest and I �m thrilled !!! So , let�s play again , dear friends. I �m looking forward to your witty and crazy "deFUNitions" . Can you tell me what " floccinaucinihilipilification " means? And remember, everybody already knows its real meaning (do you ? )

2 Apr 2014      

MoodyMoody
United States

Floccinaucinihilpilification is obviously charitable work dedicated to improving the lives of children in C�te d �Ivoire by providing them with clothing, computer-assisted education, and nutritious fruit. Organizations practicing floccinaucinihilpilification will let absolutely nothing stand in their way: not bureaucratic red tape, political unrest, or bad weather. It �s so simple!

floc: For Love of Children, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping high-risk children
ci: C�te d �Ivoire
nau: an online clothing store specializing in eco-friendly outdoor apparel
ci: categorical imperative
nihil: nothing
pili (pop): an award-winning ESL app for children
fic(us): genus of figs
-ation: suffix that makes a word a noun

2 Apr 2014