Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Making my own course    

Making my own course

Shalottslady
Belgium

Making my own course

Dear colleagues,
because I �m not really satisfied with our current coursebook and have enough experience with others, I have come to the conclusion that, whatever you do yourself, will work best for you. So I have decided to make my own coursebook. Has anyone here ever done this before? If possible, I �d like to get some tips and a link to free software to make it user-friendly for everybody. I already know of iumi that allows you to turn your course into a boardbook, but all tips are welcome.
Many thanks in advance!
Karina
p.s.: should it make a difference, I teach intermediate students

5 Apr 2014      

spinney
United Kingdom

I know what you mean. I �m currently making my own book for some summer camps that we have coming up. I �m just using Office2010 and then converting it to PDF using Acrobat and the result is pretty snazzy. The software is pretty damn expensive but I got it free from work. There is some pretty good software for desktop publishing but I find it all a bit complicated. Office 2010 is nice and simple and everything looks pretty amazing. I hate to praise such a big corporation but it has to be said.

6 Apr 2014     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I have made my own coursebook ( for Frech ) and my pre teens and teens students like it very much. I wrote a detective story. Each chapter comes with its vocabulary and grammar points. The book has 3 volumes and goes from beginner to intermediate.

6 Apr 2014     

Shalottslady
Belgium

thanks for your replies... a detective story!? That sounds awesome! I �m sure it took you a whole lot of time to write that, Mrs Lefevre... Great job! May I ask what program you used for this?
Thanks Spinney for your reaction... So you think office 2010 should do the job...? Do you also use a boardbook? How did you do this?
Many thanks in advance for your answers!
Love, 
Karina

25 Apr 2014