Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Reported and rejected worksheet    

Reported and rejected worksheet

Xandra10
Serbia

Reported and rejected worksheet

Dear colleagues,

a day or two ago one of my worksheets was reported and refused because, as it was explained to me, there is a duplicate. Yes, I uploaded the Present Simple Tense worksheet before and I used the same structure to make The Past Simple Tense worksheet but it was rejected because it wasn �t recognized that the only similarity was the structure of the worksheet. The tense and the examples were different.

So, does anybody know whether or not I broke the rule if I used the same structure of the worksheet to make a new one? If it is not rule breaking, what should I do? I sent the message back to the moderator who refused the worksheet but I haven �t got any answer.
The first worksheet was - http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=695503#thetop ,  and the one that was refused was number 755774.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to look into this problem of mine.

6 Apr 2014      

David Lisgo
Japan

There are many worksheets that get reported and rejected each day, so it is not easy to be certain. I cleaned my computer of reported worksheets earlier today so I no longer have your reported worksheet, but as I remember it the worksheet was considered a copy because it was only the title and instructions that were changed.  There are a lot of gray areas and it is up to the moderators to decide whether or not, as in this case, it was a copy.

Long, long ago some members were making very minor changes to their worksheets and uploading them and this was considered unfair.

You could upload it again but you risk having it reported again, which could may count against you. Best change the content as well as the task. In other words a brand-new worksheet.

6 Apr 2014     

Xandra10
Serbia

Thank you, David,  for answering me in such a short notice.  

Although I  changed not only the tense and the instructions but also the examples in the worksheet, I �m not going to upload it again as I now see that visually it seemed the same.  I agree that I put less effort in making it, but I found it useful. And my students did it, too.  
I just wanted to help others to save their time.

I noticed earlier that some of the members do make similar worksheets. They even  keep the same pictures. I thought  that what was important is the content not the style. 

Thank you again, and I apologize for making a mistake out of ignorance.

6 Apr 2014     

dackala
Serbia

Hi,

I think that if it �s your style no one should report your ws. I mean, many have their personal style of their wss, I think it �s not the reason. It would be nice if moderators could explain the problem.

Since I �m not a moderator, I can �t really help you, but I doubt that because you have your personal style could be a problem.

I hope some people who have your wss would explain to you in detail. I would like to know more about this. I read the rules many times over and over again, since I �m active on this site only for a few months. I have never read that if you have your style is against the rules.

6 Apr 2014     

spied-d-aignel
France

I for my part have found a certain layout or style for my grammatical ws , to study different tenses , because I have worked on it and sort of found my style , but all the exercises  and sentences are different.So I think you can build your own "style "but make different exercises.

6 Apr 2014