Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Building Curious Minds    

Building Curious Minds

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Building Curious Minds

I have to make a resource on how to �build curious minds � to present to my colleagues. The example my boss gave me was a series of cartoons and captions which had to be matched up; a picture of an invention and they had to guess what it was and a picture where the perspective was all wrong. (Sounds bit like the games on the forum!)

Any ideas? 

In fact, the �name it� competition would be great! Anybody know if I can download them all together and would it be OK to put them on a ppt and use them in school?
Thanks.
Any more ideas please? 

7 Apr 2014      

florimago
Spain

what about inkblots or optical illusions ?

7 Apr 2014     

florimago
Spain

Another idea .... They�re shown just a a very tiny part of a picture , then a bigger part (but not very big) and so on . The earlier they guess it ,the better ...

7 Apr 2014     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

do you mean name-it from here? then try copy pasting from older posts
There �s "What is it?" game on learnenglish teens here.
There are also these free apps "Guess the word" where you �re given 4 pics and you have to guess what they have in common, but I haven �t tried them...

7 Apr 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thank you Flori! I �ll try these as well, Sophia.

8 Apr 2014